Thursday, February 23, 2017
LAKE LANIER SMILES BLOG: HOW TO COPE DENTAL FEAR - TIPS AND TRICKS TO OVERC...: LAKE LANIER SMILES, AFFORDABLE BUFORD DENTIST HOW TO COPE DENTAL FEAR TIPS AND TRICKS TO OVERCOME DENTAL FEAR Everybody is afra...
LAKE LANIER SMILES, AFFORDABLE BUFORD DENTIST
HOW TO COPE DENTAL FEAR
TIPS AND TRICKS TO OVERCOME DENTAL FEAR
Everybody is afraid of something, some are afraid of heights, some are of closed spaces or spiders, or may be going to the dentist.
Day in and day out our patients tell that they didn't sleep well the night before the dental appointment or they have a stomach ache when they are going to the dentist.
Unfortunately you can't avoid a dental visit unlike staying away from heights or closed spaces or spiders.
This article explains the steps you can take in the dental office during the dental procedure.
DISCUSS WITH THE DENTIST
1. Tell the dentist and the dental team that you are anxious
2. Make shorter dental appointments
3. Let the dentist know what makes you nervous
4. Share your past dental experiences with the dentist
5. Let the dentist know if you are not numb enough
6. Your dentist at Lake Lanier Smiles can give larger dose of anesthesia before the treatment
7. Sharing any coping skills that worked for you at the older dentist office
8. Lake Lanier Smiles offers dark glasses for every patient
9. Our dentists recommend to listen to your music of choice
10. The dentists at our Buford dental office always explains briefly about the procedure to be done before they start the treatment
11. If you are curious about an instrument or equipment then ask our Buford dentist to tell how it works
12. Our Buford dental office team along with the dentist gives the patient full control by stopping anytime during the procedure by simple signal like raising the left hand
13. Please ask our dentists or dental assistant if you have any questions
DISTRACTION IS THE BEST ACTION
The dentists at our Buford dental office recommends following things to distract or take your mind off of the treatment.
1. Listening to your favorite music
2. Browsing the pictures of your recent trip
3. Squeezing a soft stress ball
4. Playing some games in your phone
5. Chatting with the dental assistants
TAKE A DEEP BREATHE
Our Buford dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles advise to do calming breathing exercises.
1. You can do breathing exercises before coming to the appointment or on the way to the appointment.
2. There are different breathing exercises you can do, but please consult a physician if you have any medical conditions
3. Try this calming breathe exercise: Take a long deep breathe through nose filling the lungs. Then hold the breathe for 3 seconds. Then exhale slowly through Mouth.
RELAX YOUR BODY
Lake Lanier Smiles dentists in Buford, Ga suggest the coping technique of relaxation along with effective anxiety breathing exercises.
Muscles that need to be relaxed are Face, throat, Jaw, Shoulders and Stomach.
Relaxation can also be achieved by deep breathing exercises, meditation and yoga.
Relaxing your body not only reduces the stress of the dental appointment but also boosts your energy and mood.
These are some of the coping techniques recommended by our Buford dentists. Please discuss with the dentist to formulate a custom coping technique for your dental fears.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.