Sunday, September 27, 2015
LAKE LANIER SMILES BLOG: THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO ROOT CANAL TREATMENT: ROOT CANAL TREATMENT AFFORDABLE ROOT CANAL DENTIST: LAKE LANIER SMILES “You need a root canal treatment”…”NOO!” The words most pati...
ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
AFFORDABLE ROOT CANAL DENTIST: LAKE LANIER SMILES
“You need a root canal treatment”…”NOO!” The words most patients dread. Contrary to this, modern root canal treatment procedures are comfortable once numbed well during the appointment. Root canal treatment must be conducted once an inflammation or infection is detected inside and around the tooth.
CAUSES FOR ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
1. Deep decay spreading into the nerve of the tooth.
2. Deep filling of a tooth
3. Trauma to the tooth
4. Fracture or crack or chip in the tooth
5. Intentional treatment in some cases like supraerupted teeth
STEP BY STEP ROOT CANAL PROCEDURE
1. The tooth is numbed by local anesthesia
2. Tooth is isolated with Rubber sheet called Rubber dam
3. All the decay is removed
4. A small access opening is done to reach the inside of the tooth.
5. Hand and machine files are used to clean the inside of the tooth
6. The cleaned space is filled with rubber like material called Guttapercha
7. The access is closed with permanent filling
8. Most of the root canal treated teeth needs crown for protection from fracture
WHY SHOULD I GET ROOT CANAL DONE
1. Restore Chewing capacity
2. Can have your own tooth with sensations
3. Prevents other teeth/ adjacent teeth from shifting
4. Preserve the natural position or appearance
5. Restores your smile
WHAT IS THE COST FOR A ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
The cost of the root canal treatment varies based on the location of the tooth and how complex the tooth canal system is. At Lake Lanier Smiles we accept most dental insurances and use the insurance benefits for the treatment.
For Non-Insured patients, Lake Lanier Smiles offers good discounts for root canal treatments. Special prices for root canal treatments are as follows.
FRONT TEETH ROOT CANAL TREATMENT: $499 (Regular Price: $800)
PREMOLAR TEETH ROOT CANAL TREATMENT: $599 (Regular Price: $900)
MOLAR TEETH ROOT CANAL TREATMENT: $699 (Regular Price: $1000)
POST OP INSTRUCTIONS AFTER ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
1. Do not chew hard food on the root canal treated tooth until a crown is placed.
2. Do not chew until anesthesia wears off.
3. Sometimes a temporary filling might be placed, needs a permanent restoration.
4. Discomfort/ slight pain can be managed after the treatment with OTC pain medicines.
5. If antibiotics are prescribed, then take them as prescribed.
6. Please consult the dentist or call us at 770-831-0559 if pain continues or swelling is seen.
FAQ'S ABOUT ROOT CANAL TREATMENT
Q. What is Root Canal Treatment (RCT)?
A. Procedure which removes the inflamed and infected tissue inside the tooth to replace with a biocompatible material to save the tooth.
Q. Do Root Canal Treatments hurt?
A. Modern techniques and equipment can safely and painlessly do Root Canal Treatments. But some discomfort can be felt after the treatment and it can be taken care by OTC pain meds.
Q. How do I know if a tooth needs RCT?
A. Dentist will determine if a tooth needs RCT or not but some signs can tell if you need a root canal treatment like severe pain, swelling, very tender to touch or chew. BEWARE that some teeth might not have any symptoms. Lake Lanier Smiles dentist will do the necessary tests to determine for sure if the tooth needs RCT.
Q. Do I need a crown on Root Canal Treated tooth?
A. Most teeth with RCT does require Crowns to protect the teeth from fractures. In some instances when the cavity is small or some front teeth might be ok without the crowns.
Q. Do I need an antibiotic before or after the RCT procedure?
A. Most cases do not require antibiotics but swelling or severe infections might need antibiotics. The dentist will determine based on the condition.
Q. Should I go the specialist for RCT or my dentist can do?
A. The dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles are trained for doing RCT successfully. Rare instances in complex root anatomies, a specialist for Root Canal Treatment called endodontist might be consulted.
Q. Is RCT always enough to save the tooth?
A. Sometimes if infection is large then a procedure called apical surgery might be necessary.
Q. What is the success rate of the RCTs?
A. Success of a RCT depends on many factors including the stage of the infection, smaller the infection higher the prognosis, extent of fracture, accessibility of the root canals, age of the patient.
Q. Are RCT teeth weaker than my regular teeth?
A. RCT tooth gets brittle and can break but once covered with a crown is stronger than a regular teeth.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.
Thursday, September 17, 2015
EMERGENCY DENTAL CARE IN BUFORD
BUFORD EMERGENCY DENTISTRY
DENTAL EMERGENCIES & PREVENTION
A sudden, unexpected dental emergency can happen to anyone, anywhere and anytime and often requires immediate attention. We would like to educate in this article what are different types of dental emergencies, what to do when a dental emergency arises so that you can save your tooth.
We at Lake Lanier Smiles reserve sometime in everyday schedule to take care of your dental emergencies. Most of the time we can treat you the same day. Also we welcome Walk-In Emergency patients in our office. Seeing the dentist as soon as possible can increase the chances of saving the tooth or preventing infection.
TYPES OF DENTAL EMERGENCIES AND SOME HOME REMEDIES
1. TOOTHACHE: Can be caused by number of things like untreated tooth decay, infected nerve, inflamed gums, sports injury, broken tooth chewing on food. We advise first brush and floss to remove all the food particles. Then rinse with warm salt water. If you have swelling, then use cold compression to the affected area. See your Emergency dentist at Lake Lanier Smiles as soon as possible to prevent further damage to your teeth or worsening of toothache.
2. SWOLLEN JAW: Swelling is most commonly caused by an abscess. An abscess is an infection in the mouth caused by decay or fractured tooth. When the infection spreads to the surrounding area of the tooth, then It causes the swelling. Rinsing with warm salt water eases pain. This condition needs immediate attention and most probably needs antibiotics. Contact us at 770-831-0559 to be seen ASAP.
3. LOST CROWN: Crown can be detached or feel loose due to decay, trauma or cement failure. If the crown falls off then try to place it on the tooth with a dental cement you can get Over-The-Counter or tooth paste or denture adhesive like Fixodent/Polygrip. If the tooth is sensitive or painful, then use a cotton swab to apply clove oil on the tooth. If the crown feels loose, then try to take it out by gently moving it side to side or do flossing. It is better be out then swallowing. Never use Crazy glue or Super glue. If it is possible and if the crown feels tight enough, please leave the crown on the tooth so that teeth doesn’t move or shift. Check us out for re-cementing the crown for less cost.
4. LOST FILLING: A filling can be lost due to fracture in the filling or decay in the tooth. A temporary solution is to use the OTC dental filling material or use a chewed sugar free gum when it becomes soft. See your affordable dentist or Lake Lanier Smiles for affordable fillings.
5. BROKEN TOOTH: A tooth can break due to previous fracture or decay or a large old filling. If the tooth feels sharp to the cheek or tongue, then use an OTC temporary cement or a chewing gum.
6. KNOCKED OUT TOOTH: A tooth can be completely knocked out of the mouth due to blunt trauma to the face due to vehicle accidents, sport injuries or a fight. When the tooth falls out on the floor, then gently rinse with water without scrubbing. Hold the crown of the tooth and try to place in the socket back without using force and try to hold it in place with gauze or finger pressure. If you cannot place it in the socket then carry the toot in a container with milk. The tooth has the highest chance of survival if you can see a dentist in 30-60 minutes of trauma.
GENERAL TIPS UNTIL YOU REACH AN URGENT CARE DENTIST
1. Avoid both cold and hot foods as the teeth might be sensitive.
2. Brush and Floss as sometimes pain can be from trapped food in between the teeth.
3. Taking OTC pain meds might be sufficient to ease the pain. Make sure you read the dosage info and side effects.
4. Use of OTC gels like Orajel for the toothache and gum pain.
5. NEVER use an ASPIRIN on the gums or cheek to relieve tooth ache. In fact it causes chemical burn.
6. You can use Cotton socked in clove oil for some relief.
7. Sensitive teeth to hot and cold can be treated with Desensitizing toothpaste like Sensodyne.
8. Using an Icepack on the face might ease some pain.
9. Mildly swollen gums can be eased by Warm Salt water rinses or mouthwash, but remember to floss after every meal.
10. Use dental cement you get in your local pharmacy to fill the broken tooth and cover those sharp edges.
PREVENTION IS BETTER THAN CURE
MOUTHGUARDS: Use Mouth guards when playing contact sports. Also wear helmets while playing certain sports like Baseball and Football.
USING TEETH AS TOOLS: Don’t use your teeth to open bottle caps, cutting threads or tearing bags. Instead use scissors to protect the teeth from trauma.
HABITS: Bad habits like chewing Ice or popcorn kernels or hard candy can cause teeth to fracture. Never chew Ice or bite into a hard candy.
DENTAL FIRST AID KIT AND ITS USE IN DENTAL EMERGENCIES
You can use these first aid kits readily available in pharmacies for temporary toothache relief, temporarily cover the lost fillings, and temporarily seat the crowns.
1. Always wash and dry your hands before you touch the temporary material.
2. Never let children handle the material
3. Never use it on a tooth where you are experiencing throbbing pain.
4. Do not place this material on a raw or open wound.
5. Never use on a tooth with swelling associated in that area.
6. Always remember that this is a temporary fix and see the dentist as soon as possible.
Most of the Emergency dentistry patients put off going to the dentist due to cost. At Lake Lanier Smiles we provide Affordable Dental Emergency Care, so just don't worry and wait no further....Just call us at 770-831-0559. At Lake Lanier Smiles you are treated by a caring and gentle dentist in a comfortable and relaxed environment. So don't let your fear stop you from seeing us.
Dental Emergencies can escalate quickly so even if you are experiencing mild to moderate pain, please call Lake Lanier Smiles, your to-go Urgent Dental Care and we will be glad to help you.
Dental Emergencies can escalate quickly so even if you are experiencing mild to moderate pain, please call Lake Lanier Smiles, your to-go Urgent Dental Care and we will be glad to help you.
If you have any questions about your Dental Emergency or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices including emergency dental care. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day for emergency dental treatment. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable Emergency dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.
Monday, September 7, 2015
WHY CHOOSE US?
LAKE LANIER SMILES
Affordable Buford Dentist
ü THE 3 C’S: Lake Lanier Smiles is devoted to provide patients the dental care in a Comfortable, Convenient and Cost effective way.
ü PATIENT CENTERED DENTAL OFFICE: We treat the patients like family and make sure all the patients are satisfied with the care they get.
ü TECHNOLOGY & TRAINING: We use technology to give the best patient experience possible. We have TV’s in every room, Digital X -Rays, Panoramic X –Rays, Intra Oral Cameras and more. Each of our doctors have more than 7 years of dental experience and earned more than 500 hours of Continuing Education(CE) Credits.
ü AFFORDABLE DENTAL CARE: You get highly personalized dental care in a straight forward fee structure. That’s why we are called Buford Affordable Dentist.
ü WE BELIEVE IN SERVING NOT SELLING: Our doctors and staff explain clearly each and every treatment option and guide you to make an informed decision.
ü OUR GOAL: Is to build a strong and long lasting relationship with our patients by providing genuine and personalized dental care.
ü AFFORDABLE DENTAL FINANCING: We provide 100% dental care financing through Care Credit for qualified patients. We give Interest Free financing and extended finance options up to 12 months.
ü COUPONS/ SPECIALS: Lake Lanier Smiles, an Affordable Buford dentist provides monthly coupons for many services like exam, root canals, crowns, dentures, extractions and more. Check our website at www.lakelaniersmiles.com
ü NO IF’S AND BUT’S: Our Monthly Specials are straight forward without any catches and self-explanatory. We don’t charge any lab fee, upgrade fees or any limitations or exclusions.
ü DENTAL INSURANCES: We accept most insurances for you to maximize your insurance benefits. We will explain what your insurance covers and what you will need to pay in the treatment plan before any treatment done.
ü SMILE VALUE PLAN: Any patient without insurance automatically gets enrolled in our in- house dental savings plan for Free. It gives 30-40% off Usual, Customary and Reasonable fee.
ü 100% SATISFACTION: Is our goal. We will do whatever it takes to make your visit pleasant so that you love coming to the dentist. All the staff are well trained to give a patient – centered service in a relaxing environment for all the patients.
ü THE AREAS WE SERVE: LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Oakwood, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.
ü COMPREHENSIVE DENTAL CARE: We offer a range of dental services from preventive teeth cleaning to Root canals. We do dentures and braces too.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418
Saturday, September 5, 2015
ANSWERING YOUR FREQUENTLY ASKED DENTAL INSURANCE QUESTIONS
AFFORDABLE BUFORD DENTIST, LAKE LANIER SMILES
1. Do you accept my insurance?
A. We accept most insurances. We don't accept HMO/DMO and Medicaid. Please call us @ 770-831-0559 to check.
2. Do I need Dental Insurance to save on dental exams and treatments?
A. No, you don't need to have dental insurance to save. As dental insurance companies are for profit companies they are like middle man looking for profit. The best solution is to search for a local affordable dentist who can give you discounts on their service by offering coupons or in house dental savings plan. At Lake Lanier Smiles we offer both coupons and free Savings plan. Please call us or visit us at www.lakelaniersmiles.com for monthly specials. But FYI, we accept most dental insurances.
3. My Insurance is not paying for a procedure recommended by Dentist. Does it mean its unnecessary treatment?
A. Insurances have some exclusions and limitations in their plans so please go through them carefully before you sign up. On the other side, dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles give all the options of treatment available for a problem irrespective of dental insurance or coverage. That way you get all the options and you decide with the insurance coordinator to choose whichever option you might want to go with. We always try our best to maximize your insurance benefits.
4. My dental insurance says I get two free cleanings per year but my dentist's office charging me for the cleaning!
A. Cleanings can be of different types. Generally prophylaxis, preventive cleaning is free of charge to the patient and insurance mostly pays 100% of the fee. But if you need more than regular cleaning like Full Mouth Debridement or deep cleaning/ scaling and root planning or periodontal maintenance then insurance might cover a percentage but not full coverage. So please talk to our insurance coordinator to find your benefits. But be assured that the doctors at Lake Lanier Smiles do ethical diagnosis and if you have any questions please ask the doctor or hygienist about the diagnosis.
5. Can I still come to you even if you are not listed in my insurance provider list?
A. Sure, we are accepting new patients and we offer in house discount plan which can be comparable to insurance plan and it's absolutely free to enroll. No deductibles, no pre-existing conditions, no limitations and also no need to fill any applications. Every patient will be enrolled in the plan automatically when you don't have insurance. FYI, if you have a good insurance from your employer, than we can give you a form all filled up and ready to send to your insurance company and they will reimburse you directly.
6. I called my insurance and my benefits are not great. How can I change them?
A. Our office cannot change your benefits, the only way is to talk to your employer. Request to get a high quality but cost effective dental plans for employees.
7. Who determines my dental benefits?
A. It all depends on the plan your employer and you chose. Please ask your employer to give you a choice. You should carefully consider the dental benefit plan because it affects your out of pocket expense and dental treatment coverage.
8. Can I get the treatment whenever I want with my insurance plan?
A. Yes, you can get any treatment any time based on the diagnosis your dentist gives. But some insurances asks for predetermination. Predetermination is a procedure where dentist has to send a treatment plan to the third party payer. The dental consultant checks it with your plan to see if the plan covers the procedure. Please note that predetermination is not a guarantee of the payment. Lake Lanier Smiles believe that all the treatment decisions should be between the patient and the dentist based on the diagnosis but not on benefits. If your dental benefits are not great then please talk to us so that we can offer you our affordable dental plan. It's a savings plan not an insurance.
9. Is it better to go to an in-network dentist?
A. Yes, There are some benefits like lower out of pocket cost, billed directly to insurance so less paper work for you and you don't have to wait for reimbursement check as it will be paid directly to dentist.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health or to make an appointment to see us. Call us now at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.