Friday, June 24, 2016
LAKE LANIER SMILES BLOG: All Things you need to know about Immediate Dentur...: Your teeth are an asset of yours. But there come times in life when somehow we lose them. It could be due to an unfortunate accident, o...
All Things you need to know about Immediate Dentures by Lake Lanier Smiles, Your Affordable Buford Dentist
Your teeth are an asset of yours. But there come times in life when somehow we lose them. It could be due to an unfortunate accident, or a dental disease. In either case, Lake Lanier Smiles, an Affordable Buford Dentist offers you replacement teeth called dentures.
This article discusses about Immediate Dentures, which are made to replace the teeth immediately after removal. Below is the detailed information you need to know about immediate dentures.
WHAT IS AN IMMEDIATE DENTURE?
A denture made to replace your teeth immediately after removing teeth. Other terms vaguely used are Interim Denture or Transitional denture.
WHY YOU NEED AN IMMEDIATE DENTURE?
Patients need immediate dentures so that they don’t have to go without teeth for any period of time. Also it helps in chewing, speaking and aesthetics/looks.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF IMMEDIATE DENTURES?
IMMEDIATE PARTIAL DENTURE: Fabricated after removing only some teeth and some remaining teeth are good.
IMMEDIATE COMPLETE DENTURE: Fabricated after removing all the teeth in the arch, either upper or lower or both.
WHAT IS THE PROCEDURE FOR IMMEDIATE DENTURE?
1. First Step: An impression is taken and sent to lab, shade selected
2. Second Step: Sometimes a Try in is done to make sure we get the right way of your bite
3. Last Step: Extraction of the teeth and Deliver the Immediate Denture.
4. Follow up Visit: 24 hours post op visit to check the healing and any needed adjustment.
Lake Lanier Smiles uses local labs to fabricate dentures in 1-2 weeks’ time.
WHAT IS THE COST OF AN IMMEDIATE DENTURE
Lake Lanier Smiles offers affordable teeth extractions and immediate dentures. Check our website for specials
EXTRACTIONS SPECIAL $119 - $169
DENTURE SPECIAL $699
Remember Lake Lanier Smiles Never Charge you extra Lab Fee or any extra charges. This is the final price.
CAN IMMEDIATE DENTURES BE USED AS FINAL DENTURES?
The dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles recommend that immediate dentures be used as temporary dentures which will help you during the healing phase. Once healing is done, you need a permanent denture.
WHY CANT I USE IMMEDIATE DENTURE AS A PERMANENT DENTURE?
This is the most common question our patients ask us. When an impression for immediate denture is done, you have teeth and once teeth are extracted, the gums shrink, but the dentures don’t shrink with the gums leaving space between the denture and gums making them ill-fitting and loose. So immediate denture is a temporary denture and later on you need to get a new impression of healed gums to get permanent dentures.
POST OP INSTRUCTIONS AFTER EXTRACTION AND DELIVERY OF DENTURE
First 24 hours
· Do not remove your immediate dentures. When you sleep, sleep with the dentures on. Removing the dentures may cause swelling of the gums and you may have difficulty reinserting them.
· Take painkillers as per advice of your dentist.
· Avoid, as far as possible, spitting and rinsing your mouth
· Some oozing of blood is normal. If it persists, bite on a gauze for 15 minutes. If bleeding does not stop, contact your dentist at Lake Lanier Smiles at 770-831-0559.
After 24 hours
Remove the dentures and thoroughly rinse your mouth with warm saline water. Repeat this exercise at regular intervals.
HOW TO GET USED TO IMMEDIATE DENTURES?
· Initially, stick to eating soft foods only, gradually moving onto chewy foods.
· Wear your dentures as much as you can in the first week, even overnight.
· After one week, remove the dentures and soak them overnight in a bowl of water.
· The denture may loosen slightly while your gums heal. The bone may also shrink. You may need to apply a denture adhesive as needed.
IS IT PAINFUL TO WEAR THE IMMEDIATE DENTURE AFTER TEETH PULLED?
There will be some discomfort but the immediate denture acts like a bandage covering the wound and helps in healing. We will give you medications for pain management after the procedure to make you very comfortable.
DO I NEED DENTURE ADJUSTMENTS AFTER I GET THEM?
As the gums settle, you might develop some sore spots and we will trim and polish the areas to relieve the sore spots.
HOW MANY ADJUSTMENTS DO I NEED AFTER IMMEDIATE DENTURES?
Generally in a week or two you will develop the sore spots and will be adjusted by our dentists. Sometimes it might take little longer.
FYI: Lake Lanier Smiles never charge you any denture adjustment fee for as long as you need or as many as you need.
WHAT IS RELINING OF THE DENTURES?
After the extraction site has healed completely, you may need relining of the denture fitting surface in order to make sure that your dentures have an optimal fit, stability and retention.
FYI: Lake Lanier Smiles offers a nominal fee for relines.
WHAT IS SOFT RELINE?
Gums heal after extractions or as teeth are removed, the gums fall into the extraction holes making the immediate denture loose. A soft reline is done immediately or in a couple of weeks to make the denture fit tighter and it is soft, it will be comfortable during the healing process.
Remember a Soft Reline is a temporary lining material and needs to be replaced by another soft reline or a hard reline later.
WHEN SHOULD I GET THE PERMANENT DENTURES?
In 3-6 months, our dentist may be able to fit you with a permanent denture which will certainly fit and feel better. You will need new impressions again and the procedure is repeated.
If you have any questions about Immediate Dentures or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.
Saturday, June 4, 2016
LAKE LANIER SMILES BLOG: Affordable Dentures at Lake Lanier Smiles: Affordable Dentures at Lake Lanier Smiles Dentures are made to improve your smile. This article explains about all the types of aff...
Affordable Dentures at Lake Lanier Smiles
Dentures are made to improve your smile. This article explains about all the types of affordable dentures made at Lake Lanier Smiles.
What is a Denture?
Dentures are custom made replacements of missing teeth. They restore the functionality and appearance of the mouth.
Material used for Denture?
Made of a plastic or metal base, the dentures have a color mirroring the gums and porcelain teeth.
Made of a plastic or metal base, the dentures have a color mirroring the gums and porcelain teeth.
Types of Dentures?
Lake Lanier Smiles offers Total or Complete dentures and partial dentures. When the entire arch is missing teeth, complete dentures are fabricated. In cases where some teeth exist, Partial dentures are placed around the teeth.
• Primary impression- To obtain a full replica of the anatomical structures in the arch and determine the borders of the denture.
• Secondary impression- Taken if more information about the arch anatomy is needed. Utilizing a special custom impression tray, the dentist moves the patient’s lips and cheeks to capture a detailed impression.
• After receiving the denture base, the height of the dentures will be adjusted; midline, canine, and smile lines will be drawn for teeth placement. At this time, the dentist and patient choose the teeth color.
• Following placement of the teeth, the fit, teeth color, and patient comfort are observed. Once the patient and dentist are satisfied the lab fabricates the final denture. Then the dentist delivers the denture to the patient.
Lake Lanier Smiles offers Affordable complete Dentures. We make only custom premium dentures. We offer at a great value of $699.
Implant supported dentures are available. Two or more implants are placed in areas with adequate bone support. The denture clips onto the implants with enough pressure. Despite the lengthy procedure and expense, these pose a lifelong solution, proving strength and stability.
Depending on the strength, cost, and flexibility, several types of partial dentures exist. The base framework can be made of cast metal, such as cobalt chromium or acrylic.
• At the first visit, the dentist takes an impression of both upper and lower arches to make study models, to analyze how to design the partial denture.
• Primary impression- To support the partial denture, some teeth needs to be prepared. The material used is different than total denture in order to accurately replicate the teeth and anatomical structures. From this impression a special tray for the secondary impression is made.
• Secondary impression- Using the special tray, this impression creates an exact replica of the anatomical structures and determines the placement of the claps.
• After receiving the wax denture try-in, the dentist makes sure the clasp fit and height of the dentures adapt to the patients arch. The color selection is chosen in relation to the adjacent teeth.
• In the following appointment, the fit of the denture and clasps are checked by asking you to say certain words. This helps identify inadequate areas. Once the patient and dentist are satisfied with the denture, the lab will finalize the denture.
• Denture delivered and home instructions given.
*In case a metal base is selected over acrylic, a metal framework try-in occurs before the wax denture try-in.
Lake Lanier Smiles offers Affordable Partial Dentures with quality workmanship by local lab technicians. We have a special price of $499 to $699.
when patients need extractions, these types of dentures are available. Immediate dentures are created in relation to the patients arch structure. As the name explains this denture is delivered immediately after extractions so that you have the great smile on the same day of extractions.
Following initial impressions of both arches, the procedure follows a similar order as total dentures. The patient receives their final denture the day of the extractions. Two to Six months after the extractions, the dentures will need to be replaced or relined, due to gum shrinkage at the site of the extractions.
Lake Lanier Smiles offers Affordable Immediate Dentures at a great price. We have a special immediate denture price of $599.
Frequently Asked Questions about Affordable Dentures at Lake Lanier Smiles.
• What is the longevity of dentures?
They generally last around 5-10 years. Like most appliances, maintenance and check-ups can prolong that time frame.
• Do I need to clean the dentures daily?
Yes, bacteria and fungi such as Candida can breed on the plastic made dentures. Scrub all aspects of the dentures using a toothbrush and water, especially the bottom surface. Hold the denture firmly to prevent dropping and breaking it.
Can I use Toothpaste to brush my dentures?
Absolutely Not. Toothpastes have abrasives which can scratch the denture surface making them rough and then attracting stains and gets discolored.
• What is the best way to store my denture?
Preferably, in a water or denture soak solution filled denture box.
• How often do I need to visit the dentist?
We recommend visiting every 6 month for partial dentures and once a year for total dentures. Due to the intricate aspects of the partial dentures, such as clasps, clean and monitor them on a regular basis. Total denture require at home cleaning, however yearly visits aid in screening for any irregularities of the gums.
• Will the dentures cause my gums to be sore?
In certain cases, soreness and inflammation develops as a result of irritation of the gums. Please visit our office as soon as possible.
• Can I eat with my dentures?
Yes, we advise eating soft and small portion foods. Initially, avoid eating sticky or chewy foods.
• Will I need a “glue” or fixative?
Adhesives should be used if necessary. If your dentures become loose we can reline them for more comfort.
If you have any questions about Lake Lanier Smiles Affordable Dentures or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.