Treating Aging Dental Patients in Buford, Ga
Lake Lanier Smiles, Buford Dentist
As large parts of the US population is getting older, the dentists at Our Buford dental office are prepared to serve the dental needs of the aging patients.
The whole dental team in our dental office are on the same page in understanding the unique challenges an older individual may face.
The most common oral conditions we see in seniors are
1. DRY MOUTH: Also called as Xerostomia. The main reason for dry mouth is due to the medications seniors take.
Most seniors take an average of 3-5 prescription medications.
Dry mouth also causes burning in the mouth, fissured tongue, decay and cracked lips
2. ROOT CAVITIES: Also called as Root Caries or Root Decay. As mentioned earlier, root decay is caused by dry mouth and the root surface is softer as it doesn’t have enamel.
Our Buford Dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles are well trained to treat as well as prevent dental caries in seniors.
3. GUM DISEASE: Also called as Periodontal Disease. Gum disease occurs more frequently in older adults than younger adults.
Statistics show that African American and Hispanic seniors are affected more than white population.
Factors which will make it worse is lower education, smoking and low income.
What Our Buford Dentists at Lake Lanier Smiles do to better serve the Aging Population?
1. Medical History: The dentists take a detailed medical and dental history including the medication list. Based on this we can give a specific maintenance plan.
2. Preventive Care: preventing decay works at any age and it shouldn't stop for the aging population. Our dentists never give up on saving teeth.
3. Treat with Respect: At Lake Lanier Smiles we treat all adults with respect no matter their age or disability.
4. Trained Staff: We created a senior friendly dental office in Buford.
5. No Stereotypes: Our Buford dentists will make no assumptions. We offer all the treatment options with benefits and risks.
6. Affordable Dentistry: Lake Lanier Smiles offers affordable dental care for senior citizens. Please check our website at www.lakelaniersmiles.com
7. Dental Insurance: At Lake Lanier Smiles we accept most dental insurances and we will explain the available benefits of your insurance.
8. Treatment Plans: Our dentists develop both the short term treatment plan and long term treatment plan that fits the budget and dental needs.
9. Communication: At Lake Lanier Smiles we evaluate the understanding of the patient and discuss the treatment plans and their benefits and risks with senior patients or their kids, spouse or care givers
10. Convenient Dental Appointments: Lake Lanier Smiles offers early appointments and appointments that will be convenient for transportation and care givers schedule.
Along with providing optimum dental care, we have each staff member take different responsibilities of senior patient care.
LINKS for further information are below. Just Click on the link.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health of seniors or to make an appointment to see us, Call us at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418. LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.