THE MOUTH AND BODY CONNECTION:
LAKE LANIER SMILES, BUFORD
The health of your mouth could affect the health of your body. The new research shows more evidence that there is a strong relation between the gum disease and heart disease, diabetes, stroke, respiratory disease, pre-term low birth weight babies, cancer and other conditions.
Taking care of your teeth and gums is not just to prevent bad breath or cavities but for the general good health of your body. Oral cavity shows signs of systemic diseases of the body that is gums gives important clues about our bodies.
Gum disease can be Gingivitis or Periodontitis. In Gingivitis, bacteria and plaque cause redness, tender and bleeding of gums. In Periodontitis, toxins and the chronic inflammatory response causes bone loss and gum damage. While Gingivitis is reversible, periodontitis is irreversible. Research showed that bacteria and inflammation caused by the periodontal disease linked to other conditions in the body. So by treating inflammation we can help manage periodontal diseases and manage other chronic inflammatory conditions.
WHAT CAN YOU DO…
1. BRUSH YOUR TEETH: Twice a Day. It helps if you can brush after every meal. Brushing helps to remove food particles and plaque trapped between your teeth and gums. Also use a Tongue cleaner or brush to clean your tongue as bacteria can hide there too.
2. FLOSS IS THE BOSS: Floss at least once a day. Floss removes the food particles and plaque in between the teeth and around gum line where your brush can’t reach.
3. MOUTHRINSE: Swish with a mouthwash. An antimicrobial mouth rinse helps in fighting the germs missed by brushing and flossing.
4. RISK FACTORS: If you have any of the following risk factors like age, smoking, dry mouth, diet, genetics then you are riskier to get periodontal disease. These patients might need more attention to their oral health.
5. REGULAR DENTAL VISIT: Get a comprehensive periodontal evaluation done by your dentist regularly. Even the healthiest of patients need regular dental visit.
If you have any questions about your Oral Health or to make an appointment to see us... Call Us now at 770-831-0559 or visit us at WWW. LAKELANIERSMILES.COM for Valuable Coupons and Specials. Our prices are 30-50 % Off Regular Prices. Call Us before Noon and we will see you the Same Day. We accept most insurances. We are conveniently located just off I-985 at 4965 Lanier Islands Parkway, Suite 105, Buford, Ga- 30418.
LAKE LANIER SMILES provides Affordable dental care with outstanding customer service to patients in Buford, Sugar Hill, Suwanee, Cumming, Flowery Branch and surrounding areas.